Thursday, October 08, 2015

Interview with RJ Jerome

Welcome to an the eTreasures blog and an interview with our Interview King, RJ Jerome. Welcome back to eTreasures RJ, we are thrilled to have you.

So RJ, how are you today?

RJ: Feeling God Like. I had a great day. I finally located a bottle of Lagavulin 16 after 3 years. Manchester City is number 1 in the British Premier League. And when I arrived home, I received a wrapped up meditation book with a weird note in it. (See pic) My readers are a bit on the crazy side.

So, with an interest in word play, why did you pick the title Pelagius Game for your series? 

RJ: The series is named after the British Monk, Pelagius, who opposed the common belief that God willed all events in the universe. This line of thinking got him branded a heretic. So when I was looking for a title and came across his name, I thought it would work for what I was doing. I actually incorporated him as one of the founders of the secret Order of Pelagius.

Would you say this book is set in this world, or did you bend reality around a little? 

RJ: Both Valstain and Born Villain split time between Earth and the magical realm Valstain. The 3rd book will follow suit, but book 4 will be spent solely in Salem, Massachusetts. (Do you know I can never spell Massachusetts correctly? Thank you spell check.)

Which of your characters would you like to meet in a bar? On the potentially flip side, who is your favorite character to write? 

RJ: Great question. The Scotsman has my blunt personality and sense of humor. He just might be worthy of splitting that $100 bottle of Lagavulin 16 with. However, I really got off on writing for my first evil female character, Seven. I have a thing for bad girls. The first chapter of book 3 opens up with a new villainess. (That’s a word right?)

If you had to pick a character to dress up as for Halloween, who would you pick and how would you dress? 

RJ: One with breasts of course. Seven…just kidding folks. If I have to go full costume, I’d go with Lacroix White. He’s a tall, gaunt albino with log white braids that have tiny razors in them. But it is his eyes, pink spheres devoid of compassion, that mark this man as an instrument of death. Scary right?

Thanks RJ for the interview, and we are happy to have you with us. 

RJ: Thank you for your time and for putting up with me.
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Review

The Romance Reviews

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top